The purpose of the first consultation with the client is to acquaint ourselves with his or her requests, assess his or her medical state (determine both familial and individual anamnesis), while focusing not only on the specific skin area, but also on the overall skin condition in the context of the client's skin photoype, genetic predyspositions and florid or latent dermatosis.
After considering all these circumstances of the treatment, a proposition of the therapuetical approach follows, be it a one-time procedure or a set of repeated procedures. Prior to the procedure, the doctor presents the following information to the client:
- the essence of the medical procedure
- the technical execution of the procedure
- possible risks and side effects in the treated area or the impact of he procedure on overall health
- the preferred anaesthetic method and its potential risks
- the duration of the procedure
- potential subjective sensations during the procedure
- immediate treatment after the procedure
- following care for the treated area at home
Another part of the initial consultation consists in enumerating and proposing other possible means of treatment which may lead to the fulfilment of the client's wishes. A necessary component of acquainting the client with the proposed approach is also the price calculation of the procedure, be it partial or total. The doctor will also recommend the best season to perform the procedure to the client and advise him or her about when and how he or she should make an appointment.