Varicose veins can give us a hard time, therefore it is important to watch out for them and attend regular checks. Although their cause is not completely known, they can be treated in several ways. Come visit our new vascular consultation office which is led by Libor Dvořáček, MD.
How do varicose veins form?
The weakening of vascular walls, in particular, contributes to the formation of varicose veins. Elevated pressure in the venous system causes the the malfunction of venous valves. The valves in the extended veins do not close properly and cannot fulfil their role as valves preventing reflux – the back-flow of blood. It begins to accumulate and increases the pressure on the venous wall. Gradually, this leads to the formation of small veins or large coiled raised varicose veins.
Varicose veins manifest themselves by lower limb pain, swelling, cramps, and in extreme cases even by varicose ulcers.
What can we offer in our vaclular consultation office?
We diagnose the extent of varicose veins and the overall state of the venous system. Subsequently, we recommend a suitable individual therapeutic procedure. Improperly treated or untreated varicose veins will become not only an unpleasant aesthetic problem, but can also cause serious health complications.
Methods of treatment of varicose veins
- CLARIVEIN - maximally effective and still minimally invasive treatment of lower limb veins.
- Sclerotherapy – injection method for the removal of reticular varicose veins (superficial spider veins).
- Laser V-beam – removal of undesirable blood vessels by heat
- Pharmacotherapy (venotonics) – application of medicines that help to increase the tension of the vascular walls and improve blood circulation
- Lymfoven – massage in support of the venous and lymphatic systems
- Compression therapy – reduction of the pressure on the vein walls, prevents further deterioration and expansion of varicose veins
If you too are bothered by varicose veins or just want to be sure you are not prone to them, book an appointment at our vascular consultation office. The prices start at 500 CZK. The office is open every Monday from 3:30 to 7 pm. We are looking forward to your visit!