What are varicose veins, how do they form and what are their symptoms?
The weakening of vascular walls, in particular, contributes to the formation of varicose veins. Elevated pressure in the venous system causes the the malfunction of venous valves. The valves in the extended veins do not close properly and cannot fulfil their role as valves preventing reflux – the back-flow of blood. It begins to accumulate and increases the pressure on the venous wall. Gradually, this leads to the formation of small veins or large coiled raised varicose veins. Varicose veins manifest themselves by lower limb pain, swelling, cramps, and in extreme cases even by varicose ulcers.
The precise reason why some people experience the weakening of the vein walls while others do not, is not known yet. Innate dispositions (varicose veins often run in a family) or other risk factors are primarily identified as the possible causes of this condition. Those are:
- Hormonal changes
- Improper lifestyle
- High blood pressure
- Lack of movement (sedentary job)
- Prolonged standing
- Pregnancy (reticular superficial varicose veins, which often disappear by themselves after birth)
METHODS OF TREATMENT OF VARICOSE VEINS
Modern plastic surgery offers a range of available solutions for the removal of varicose veins. At our clinic, we provide all diagnostic and therapeutic methods in optimal sequence and combination.
- CLARIVEIN - maximally effective and still minimally invasive treatment of lower limb veins. more here
- Sclerotherapy – injection method for the removal of reticular varicose veins (superficial spider veins). more here
- Laser V-beam – removal of undesirable blood vessels by heat
- Pharmacotherapy (venotonics) – application of medicines that help to increase the tension of the vascular walls and improve blood circulation
- Compression therapy – reduction of the pressure on the vein walls, prevents further deterioration and expansion of varicose veins
Try the new method of varicose vein removal!
Are you bothered by varicose veins? We have a solution! The new Clarivein method is very effective, fast and gentle.
Vascular Consultation Office Newly at Esthé Every Monday
RECENTLY WE HAVE OPENED THE NEW VASCULAR CONSULTATION OFFICE AT ESTHÉ LED BY A NEW REINFORCEMENT OF OUR TEAM, LIBOR DVORACEK, MD. UNAPPEALING VARICOSE VEINS ARE NOT ONLY AN UNPLEASANT AESTHETIC PROBLEM.
Sclerotherapy (sclerotization) is an injectable method of varicose veins removal, in which a special substance is applied into the intradermal, subcutaneous, or transfascial vein in the form of liquid or foam.
|Vascular Surgery Department||Price|
|Initial examination||500 CZK|
|Colour Doppler Sonographic Examination (1 limb)||500 CZK|
|Liquid Sclerotherapy (1 limb)||2,000 CZK|
|Foam Sclerotherapy (1 limb)||2,500 CZK|
|Removal of varicose veins Clarivein + Mini-phlebectomy (1limb)||25,000 CZK|
|Removal of varicose veins Clarivein + Mini-phlebectomy (2 limbs)||38,000 CZK|
|Mini-phlebectomy (1 limb)||12,000 CZK|
|Mini-phlebectomy (2 limb)||20,000 CZK|